Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome To My Kiss Journal

KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid


My world is one that most people would consider simple. I work part time as a housekeeper and I create crochet jewelry and sell at craft shows and on Etsy. My hobbies are organic gardening, reading, writing, horseback riding and being outdoors with my dogs. I am married, have no children besides our fur babies and the occasional stray animal. Yet, I constantly find myself overwhelmed. "With what?" you may ask, in a disbelieving voice. "You have no kids or demanding job to exasperate or stress you out!"

That's a very good question and of course the answer would vary depending on the time of day, or week, or month, or what year it is...lol. But life, as we know, no matter who you are or what you do, will deliver stress at your doorstep. For me, ever loudening voices jockeying for my attention in my brain is becoming my personal stress! More and more, I spend so much time trying to decide what to do first that I get nothing done!

Lately, though, it seems one voice has risen above the fray for me to simplify things. I guess I've been a little hard of hearing or slow to act, because in the last few weeks the phrase "Keep it simple stupid" has been coming at me from every possible direction.

So in response, and proof that I've received the message loud and clear, I've decided to document my journey in finding ways to do just that. Hopefully, by doing so, I will not only relay what I have discovered for myself, but hear from others ways they've found to simplify their lives as well.

In looking up the phrase, simplify your life, I came across some great quotes: "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler" ~ Albert Einstein. "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" ~ Leonardo Da Vinci. And, "It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away" ~ Antoine de Saint Exupéry.

I am going to be working in every aspect of my life; spiritual, mental, physical and material. This includes my health, my relationships and my disaster of a house:) My goals are to get healthy, honor myself in my relationships, clean and de-clutter my house, create new habits to keep it clean and organized, learn to be a pack leader to my dogs, and learn more about living sustain-ably - and MUCH more! Is that too complicated? lol

This is going to be a REAL life documentation with NO sugar coating! I am going to be completely honest with myself and with you. Hopefully, in doing so, I will be more empowered to make changes and hopefully inspire others or help others along their journey! I am really excited to hear feedback and get tips from readers!

So thanks for stopping by and coming along with me on my journey. Now lets go learn something together!

No comments:

Post a Comment